菜單

May 7, 2018

Christian movie "Salvation" | What is being saved? What is salvation?

Understanding:
God saved me from the vast sea of humanity. I once thought that only if I forsook everything for God, it means I was safe and saved so that I could enter the kingdom of heaven. When I achieved some results in my duty and was praised by my brothers and sisters, I felt I was a true believer. However, when my child got ill and didn’t get better for a long time but got worse, I began to complain to God, “O God! Do I not spend and work for You every day? Why don’t You protect my child?” The more I complained to God, the darker I felt in my spirit, and the more misunderstanding I got with God. I felt God didn’t love me and abandoned me already. In my distress and weakness, God’s love accompanied me closely. When doing the spiritual devotion, I read this passage of God’s word, “What you pursue is to be able to gain peace after believing in God—for your children to be free from illness, for your husband to have a good job, for your son to find a good wife, for your daughter to find a decent husband, for your oxen and horses to plough the land well, for a year of good weather for your crops. This is what you seek. Your pursuit is only to live in comfort, for no accidents to befall your family, for the winds to pass you by, for your face to be untouched by grit, for your family’s crops to not be flooded, for you to be unaffected by any disaster, to live in God’s embrace, to live in a cozy nest... The true way has been given to you, but whether or not you can ultimately gain it depends on your own personal pursuit. People say that God is a righteous God, and that as long as man follows Him to the very end, He will surely be impartial toward man, for He is most righteous. If man follows Him to the very end, could He cast aside man? I am impartial toward all men, and judge all men with My righteous disposition, yet there are suitable conditions to the requirements I make of man, and that which I require must be accomplished by all men, regardless of who they are. I care not how extensive or venerable are your qualifications; I care only whether you walk in My way, and whether or not you love and thirst for the truth. ”. Only then did I realize that I was making deals with God relying on my mercenary satanic nature. I wanted to gain the blessing of family safety through my zealous spending for God, but I didn’t want to obey God’s will or pursue the truth to gain eternal life. My believing in God this way was not approved by God. Through the movie Salvation, I realized that God wanted to judge and purify my adulterations by arranging this environment for me, He didn’t want me to repeat the way of the Pharisees. In this Christian movie, the Christ of the last days tells us the true meaning and the way of practice of Salvation. Sharing it with you.



What is salvation? Those who believe in the Lord Jesus think that if they sincerely pray to the Lord, confess their sins, and repent, their sins will be forgiven, and they will be granted salvation, and when the Lord comes, they will be directly raised into the kingdom of heaven. But is salvation really that simple?


The hero of the film, Xu Zhiqian, has believed in God for many years, passionately expends for God, and forsook everything to perform his duties. For this, he was arrested and tortured by the Chinese Communist Party. After he was released from prison, he continued to perform his duties, gained some practical experience, and his sermons and work resolved some practical problems for his brothers and sisters. Later, his wife was also arrested, but he didn’t complain, become negative, or fall apart…. All of this earned him compliments and praise from his brothers and sisters. Xu Zhiqian believes that he has the reality of the truth and that there is no problem entering the kingdom of heaven. But soon, an unexpected trial came to him—his wife dies under torture by the CCP police. Xu Zhiqian, distraught, has notions, misunderstandings, and complaints about God, as well as thoughts of rebellion against and betrayal of God…. Later, when he realizes he is betraying God, he begins to reflect, and wonders if people who, like himself, undergo trials and then complain, misunderstand God, and betray God are truly saved. Are they truly qualified to enter the kingdom of God?

Recommendation:

About the Church of Almighty God

Books of the Church of Almighty God

Searching for the Footprints of God—The Eastern Lightning

No comments:

Post a Comment